The Data Gathering Stage for our ICSA
Tips for ICSA Wiki Site Users
This wiki is the working area for the ICSA Project Advisory Board members, the project is run as an open process and this web site is viewable by the general public. However, only Advisory Board members have access to edit the wiki content. Below is some information on wiki editing specific to the board members.
If you are not a member of the Advisory Board, you are welcome to visit this site and engage in any discussion by entering your comments on the discussion tab of any wiki page. We also invite you to share relevant web sites, reports, and examples by tweeting them, using #WICRz, or sharing them on the official WICR ICSA Project Facebook page.
Logging in to the ICSA wiki (for Advisory Board Members)
You will receive an email with a link to create your account on the NMC wiki site. If you have not received the email, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling the main ICSA office at +44 1923-779-446. When you follow the link in the email, you are able to select a password and complete a profile.
If you are not logged into the wiki, look for the Sign In link in the top right corner of the wiki site. Once you are logged in your user name will be displayed in the top menu bar.
Completing Your Profile
So the board members can get to know each other, we ask that you provide some information in your wiki profile. You can find this my clicking on your name or picture in the upper right to see your profile, which contains your personal settings page. Look there for a link to Edit Your Profile. This is a great place to practice wiki editing: just type in the content you want to have on your page, and use the editing tool bar to add styles, links, and images. For an example see:
Working In the Wiki
Your tasks as part of the advisory board include adding to the content of the wiki pages on this site. For any page you are working on, look for the big green Edit This Page button to launch the wiki editor, and click it to enter editing mode. Then you can edit the page almost as you would a word processing document, using the tools on the toolbar. You can find a comprehensive guide to editing at http://help.wikispaces.com/Help.Editing+A+Page
Here are a few key hints pertaining to working on the ICSA Project:
- If you just list a URL in the text you are writing, it is automatically converted to a link. We encourage you to provide many links! For the Research Questions, please enter full URLs (do not use the hyperlink editor tool) since we export this as plain text directly to our online voting app, and links will not transfer unless they are typed out in the text.
- Use the Preview button in the editorif you want to review your work before publishing it, but be sure to Save when you are done.
- This wiki has easy to use tools for adding images, and you can even embed video clips. To add a video, click the widget icon (it looks like a little TV set), then click Videoon the left, and follow the instructions for the appropriate kind of video source. This can embed a relevant video right into the discussion in the wiki.
- If you are editing a bulleted list like this one, pressing RETURN/ENTER creates a new bullet.If you just want to put a single line break, press SHIFT-ENTER.
- We ask that when you add some new content to the wiki pages, you annotate what you’ve added with a “signature” for your contribution. If you type in 4 tilde symbols (~) in a row, this is a special code that will create an automatic timestamp signature that looks like – Sam Jul 12, 2012